Why Duck Dynasty is a Fraud

21 Oct 2013 18:47 #1 by ScienceChic
That might be kinda harsh (hey, I just copied the title), but check out the before and now photos...wow

Why Duck Dynasty Is A Fraud

#10 We All Sell Out For Hollywood

Duck Dynasty would like you to believe that this band of roughnecks built an empire from a trailer's ashes. And with those awesome beards and matching camo gear, it's not a stretch by any means. But behind the thick accents and American flag bandanas hides a yuppie Southern family who sold out for Hollywood fame. Just like the rest of us would.

#2 Just Bros
File Attachment:

via http://www.aetv.com/
File Attachment:

via http://www.refinedguy.com/
What we've learned is that the brothers Robertson are just like all polo shirt wearing, golf club wielding, country club hopping dudes.

#1 The Truth Is Somewhere In The Middle
File Attachment:

via http://blog.zap2it.com/
Are they a real family? Sure. Do they run a Duck calling business? Absolutely. Are they a little rough around the edges? Well, that depends on what time frame you're working with. The pre-Duck Dynasty clan was much more yuppie American wholesome, much less haute trailer chic. But if the cameras are rolling, and so is the money, wouldn't you dress up your family in ridiculous costumes?

More photos:
http://www.refinedguy.com/2013/03/27/du ... e-pics/#26

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2013 19:07 #2 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Why Duck Dynasty is a Fraud
I don't really give a duck.

:wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Oct 2013 19:07 #3 by otisptoadwater
I seen it on TV - it has to be true. The next thing you're gonna post is that Professional Wraslin' is fake too! If Professional Wraslin' is fake how come the wraslers have to be professionals smarty pants?!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

21 Oct 2013 19:23 #4 by ScienceChic
LOL jf!

Sorry otis, I don't mean to burst your bubble (it's all an entertainment business - but fun!) . I'll bet some of those wrestlers are pretty smart businessmen.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Oct 2013 19:41 #5 by otisptoadwater
Rednecks who know how to play golf and enjoy a round whenever they can? If that doesn't jump out at you as a spoiler then you're not paying attention and/or you don't know much about genuine Rednecks! I didn't apply the Sarcasm tag because I figured it is obvious (to most of us anyhow) that what we consume in from the media isn't always (maybe more like rarely) reality. In the spirit of Si Robertson, a good story might be mostly based on truth but it needs "a few embellishments" to keep it interesting.

I have to believe that Duck Dynasty took its current form in the mind of a TV producer or two who sold the entire act to the Robertsons well after Phil grew is business out of a tiny shed into a nationally recognized brand name amongst deer and duck hunters.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

21 Oct 2013 19:44 #6 by ScienceChic
I know - imagine me applying my sweetest honey voice while apologizing (but really knowing better).

I was just surprised at how clean cut and pretty they were! No wonder they've got hot wives!

21 Oct 2013 19:48 #7 by FredHayek
Reality TV is very scripted and they pump up the drama or the identifying characteristics. And theirs is ZZ Top style beards. Just like Honey Boo Boo or Hoarders.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Oct 2013 20:15 #8 by Blazer Bob

jf1acai wrote: I don't really give a duck.

:wink:

:rofllol :rofllol Me either and I will see your duck and raise you a pluck.

22 Oct 2013 08:46 #9 by FredHayek
Scripted but very popular. It just shocks the coasts that people in Flyover Country like the family.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Oct 2013 09:37 #10 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Why Duck Dynasty is a Fraud

otisptoadwater wrote: Rednecks who know how to play golf and enjoy a round whenever they can? If that doesn't jump out at you as a spoiler then you're not paying attention and/or you don't know much about genuine Rednecks! I didn't apply the Sarcasm tag because I figured it is obvious (to most of us anyhow) that what we consume in from the media isn't always (maybe more like rarely) reality. In the spirit of Si Robertson, a good story might be mostly based on truth but it needs "a few embellishments" to keep it interesting.

I have to believe that Duck Dynasty took its current form in the mind of a TV producer or two who sold the entire act to the Robertsons well after Phil grew is business out of a tiny shed into a nationally recognized brand name amongst deer and duck hunters.

I think Willie is responsible for growing the business into the multimillion dollar company that it is and just maybe, the Robertson approached the TV producers. (that is how American Pickers started)
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/riches ... net-worth/
Willie runs Duck Commander alongside his dad Phil, brother Jase, mother Miss Kay, uncle Si and wife Korie. Just a few years ago, Duck Commander was a small time mom-and-pop operation run from the family living room. Willie's father invented their signature Duck Commander Duck Call in 1972. That first year, Phil's call earned $8000 in revenue. Within a few years that number had grown to over $500,000 as the duck call became more popular among hardcore hunters. When Willie became CEO of the company, he used his business degree and sales experience to take the company out of the living room and into the big time. Today Duck Commander is a thriving business empire that sells 600,000 duck calls a year in addition to their popular DVDs, books and other merchandise. The Robertson family are self-described "redneck millionaires" who enjoy finer things like new trucks and houses, but still wont hesitate jump in the mud on a hunting trip.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds