X-Men: Days of Future Past

25 May 2014 16:17 #11 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2014 08:54 - 08 Jun 2014 15:22 #12 by FredHayek
(Spoilers)Saw it last night. Pretty good but like Star Trek it blots out the past. Those Sentinels were much more scarey than I expected. And while I never cared for Flash, Quicksilver needs his own movie.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jun 2014 14:58 #13 by ScienceChic
Too funny, I finally saw it last night as well! It was exactly as I expected based on the trailers. I'm not sure if this is one that I will re-watch often like my all-time faves, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There's nothing wrong with blotting out the past that was The Last Stand and parts of X-Men 2, they messed those up and this righted those wrongs. It was nice to see characters who'd died back again, as they shouldn't have been offed in the 1st place (at least, not the way that they were, eg Jean Grey). Now that it's like a reset, they can continue with some of the other great storylines that they couldn't have with those missing critical characters. The Phoenix storyline being top in my list.

Really looking forward to Apocalypse! Quicksilver, agree with you FH, would love to see a stand-alone...especially one that actually addresses his family situation (in the comics, he's the son of Magneto and he vacillates between being an X-Man and a bad guy).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Jun 2014 15:25 #14 by FredHayek
Was surprised how packed our theater was. And it was cool to see old and young Magneto/ Charles together.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds