X-Men: Days of Future Past

30 Oct 2013 09:34 #1 by ScienceChic
Definitely looking forward to this one!

[youtube:3ocx9fc9]
[/youtube:3ocx9fc9]

X-Men: Days Of Future Past Trailer Breakdown
X-clusive: Bryan Singer guides us through our first look

X-Men: Days Of Future Past unites two generations of mutants for the first time onscreen, with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine travelling back in time to warn the young Professor X (James McAvoy) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender) of the dark future that awaits all mutants unless they can change the course of history. The first trailer - essentially the footage that director Bryan Singer, returning as director for the first time since 2003's X-Men 2, debuted at Comic-Con in July - just went live.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2013 12:18 #2 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic X-Men: Days of Future Past
Lookin forward to this one! Very cool, thanks for the trailer SC!

05 Nov 2013 12:31 #3 by FredHayek
Just saw Fassbender in The Counselor and I really like him. I think he is one of the best actors out there and perfect to play a young Magneto.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Mar 2014 13:45 #4 by ScienceChic
So call me sappy or totally gone on this series, but this 2 minute trailer evoked such feelings of sadness, hope, regret, and anticipation that I can't imagine what the feature-length film will do to me (and I can't wait!). May 23rd can't get here soon enough! :woo hoo:

[youtube:31jq9bup]
[/youtube:31jq9bup]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Apr 2014 08:27 #5 by ScienceChic
Final Trailer released yesterday! This actually gave me some mixed feelings - it wasn't as awesome as previous trailers. I'm sure it will still be really good, just may not be out-of-this-world as I was expecting/hoping (or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised being wrong).

[youtube:jnwb29dk]
[/youtube:jnwb29dk]

16 Apr 2014 08:36 #6 by FredHayek
I am looking forward to seeing the Sentinels finally.

16 Apr 2014 08:43 #7 by ScienceChic
Me too! And Apocalypse in the next one!

13 May 2014 17:00 #8 by ScienceChic
10 days and counting! :woo hoo:

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' compelling, if convoluted, early reviews say
By Oliver Gettell
May 13, 2014

Steve Rose of the Guardian writes, "If you've consulted your ring-binder of data from the previous six 'X-Men' movies, you'll probably enjoy this. If you come to it fresh, it can be like trying to follow two games of chess at once." On the plus side, "Singer always has a neat special effect, a well-timed gag or an action set piece around the corner, whipping up the action towards a symphonic climax."

In related, and very exciting :droolpuddle: news, Channing Tatum has been cast as Gambit for the next installment, X-Men: Apocalypse. The Apocalype storyline is one of my faves, and Gambit my 2nd favorite character so I'm beyond happy! If he gets the Cajun accent down, and they include the flirty relationship with Rogue, I'm in heaven!
Channing Tatum Confirmed as Gambit in X-Men: Days of Future Past Sequel!
By Jon Negronion May 13th, 2014

The X-MEN Movieverse Adds Some Tatum!!

Published at: May 13, 2014
[youtube:14ttsqat]
[/youtube:14ttsqat]

13 May 2014 18:32 #9 by FredHayek
Don't like Tatum as Gambit. Prefer someone thinner and more French. Zac Effron?

14 May 2014 10:01 #10 by ScienceChic
Really? I like that he's got the action part down, and is Southern to boot. Now if he can pull off the rakish charm, scoundrel-with-a-good-heart personality, and accent, we're good!

Zac Effron seems too much of a pretty boy to me, but I admit I haven't seen much that he's been in.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds