Thor: The Dark World

05 Nov 2013 10:48 #1 by ScienceChic
I can't believe I don't already have a thread for this movie! The trailers look fantastic and going to the movie is part of the kick-off of my birthday celebration month! :biggrin: Why yes, yes I do deserve some Thor. :droolpuddle: lol

[youtube:198qd1ji]
[/youtube:198qd1ji]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2013 11:15 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Thor: The Dark World
More interested in Natalie Portman and Kat Denning in this flick.
I don't like the way the actor plays Thor, but love Huddleston's Loki.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2013 12:17 #3 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Thor: The Dark World
I thought the first THOR movie was pretty good, when will it be released?

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Nov 2013 12:21 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Thor: The Dark World
Really? I like them both. Though Hiddleston does obviously have a lot more fun with his part. Did you see his entrance at the panel for Thor at Comic Con? How awesome would that have been to have been there and been surprised at that happening, man I wish I had more free time and disposable income to attend events like these...
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/mov ... 1/2572467/

LOL, this comes out this Friday. On IMAX. :woo hoo:

[youtube:215vjj2r]
[/youtube:215vjj2r]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2013 12:49 #5 by LOL
You are right, the 2nd one was the best on the big screen. I think I saw the original on TV.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Nov 2013 17:21 #6 by ScienceChic
Finally got to see this yesterday, regular showing no IMAX 3D. I think I like it better than the 1st (have to watch it a couple more times to decide how it ages). It kept moving along, some nice snark and humor here and there, parts that made me go "Oh hell yah" (Frigga knows how to handle a sword!) and "Oh hell no!", a very small bit of eye candy (I blame the director for not catering to us women more), awesome CGI scenery, decent plot, a lovely cameo that wasn't really a cameo :wink: , and a happy ending.

Tom Hiddleston rocked. Loki was definitely the biggest unknown (as to what he'd really do), and had the most fun, of all the characters (and best lines). I loved him and Thor interacting, and loved the deceptions.

Recommended to Go See on the big screen. Not sure if the 3D is worth it or not, but absolutely make sure you stay through the very end of the credits (there's double the end-credit bonus scenes in this - don't just leave after the 1st one before the rest of the credits roll).

One of the other best things about this movie - all the previews! Got to see X-Men (same as the one posted here, but on the big screen), The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (helz yeah!), and the new Jack Ryan (hummana hummana Chris Pine as Jack Ryan, and fast-paced it seems).

Capone's review on aintitcool.com
Nordling's review on aintitcool.com

12 Nov 2013 17:59 #7 by LOL
Cool! I hope its playing in Belmar or Colorado Mills. Maybe this weekend.

13 Nov 2013 10:38 #8 by ScienceChic
We went to Belmar to see it (I don't like how loud they turn up the volume at CO Mills). They have very frequent showings so it's easy to find a good time.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds