Captain America: The Winter Soldier

13 Nov 2013 10:53 #1 by ScienceChic
I'm so happy to see Black Widow and Director Fury in this! The hand-to-hand combat scenes look awesome, and I actually yelled out loud in the theatre at the end of the trailer while witnessing the destruction of something I didn't think would ever get demolished like that. Opens 4/4/14.

[youtube:3led8x8o]
[/youtube:3led8x8o]

Love the Star Trek quotes and scenes from Avengers interwoven in this one (made for entertainment only not official)
[youtube:3led8x8o]
[/youtube:3led8x8o]

Quint chats with Joe and Anthony Russo about the '70s thriller influence on Marvel's Captain America: Winter Soldier!
Published at: July 31, 2013

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2013 07:02 #2 by FredHayek
Love the Black Widow character and would like to see her get her own movie. But pairing with Captain America makes a good combo.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Feb 2014 11:04 #3 by ScienceChic
New trailer released yesterday during the Super Bowl, looking better!

[youtube:1xya2kj1]
[/youtube:1xya2kj1]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Feb 2014 17:34 #4 by ScienceChic
TV Spot #2 released yesterday :droolpuddle:

[youtube:iq3bmmuo]
[/youtube:iq3bmmuo]

06 Mar 2014 14:12 #5 by ScienceChic
Hot new trailer uploaded this morning!

[youtube:3ni1ll9f]
[/youtube:3ni1ll9f]

Watch a kick-ass four-minute fight scene from Captain America 2
Meredith Woerner
captain america: the winter soldier
Today 11:52am

05 Apr 2014 13:19 #6 by ScienceChic
Moviepilot.com has had some interesting stories on the Marvel Comic Universe lately.

Interview: How Captain America 2 Evolves the MCU
By Scott Pierce
March 31st, 2014

Marvel is at a turning point. That became clear when the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer premiered on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in February, showing that a talking raccoon and tree were more believable than failed standalone Wonder Woman reboots at DC and Warner Bros. The studio's mythology is more than Kevin Feige creating a web of interconnectedness, Easter eggs, cameos, and post-credit scenes. The MCU has to prove its worth beyond Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers, which still holds the three-day weekend box-office record of $207.4 million. But what does that mean for the base of Feige's special sauce?

Cap is no longer the black-and-white pulp of The First Avenger because of a complete tonal reboot. "We told Marvel people will tell you they love chocolate ice cream, but if they have it for three weeks they're going to get sick of it," says Joe Russo, half of the directing duo of the The Winter Soldier. "At some point, you have to step outside of what you do and start making radical choices to help define what the MCU is going forward."

I recently talked to the brothers about evolving the genre, car chases, and what kind of ice cream flavor Captain America 3 will be. Let me know what you think of the Russos' take on Steve Rogers below!

see article for interview
Scott Pierce's review of Winter Soldier

How Captain America: The Winter Soldier can pave the way for many movies to come.
By James D Seigarson
August 30th, 2013

Since it has been confirmed that Peggy Carter is in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and her niece, Sharon will be introduced to the franchise I propose that the third Captain America movie be titled: The Death of Captain America. You read that right and here is why and how it could be a GREAT thing for all the actors and Studios involved.

Marvel has movies planned all the way to 2028!
By JabberTalkyon
April 3rd, 2014

In a recent interview with Bloomberg Businessweek - It's an excellent read btw, check it out HERE! - Kevin Feige and Disney CEO Bob Iger and Chairman Alan Horn revealed their current plan for new films going forward; including plans to pull lesser known but equally-rich characters from their 8,000+ character stable:

05 Apr 2014 17:38 #7 by FredHayek
Will see it next week with the boys. Looks like more of a political thriller than the typical superhero film.

12 Apr 2014 06:28 #8 by FredHayek
Liked the movie more than I thought. More suspense and figuring out mysteries than overblown battles. And the script was very timely about the NSA. What will you give up to prevent evil? Got to see the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks like it will be fun. Raccoons as thieves? Car thieves!

14 Apr 2014 08:30 #9 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: Will see it next week with the boys. Looks like more of a political thriller than the typical superhero film.

Cool freto's Fred. I did not know Disney had joined the war but I saw this on a libertarian thread. I might even see it. I am a bit tired of movies where the rich evil republican is destroying the world and terrorists are right wing extremists. (Mommy, Daddy, please make it stop)

"Saw the movie Captain America yesterday.

Great movie. Nonstop action. Incredibly entertaining. And with a strong conservative message (conservative in a constitutional way, not a republican way).

Captain America believes that freedom is worth fighting for.
Captain American believes that people who would give up their freedom for security, deserve neither.

The movie addresses the dangers of a government that spies on its people.

The movie points out that the government can't start out forcing the people to give up their freedom. When they do that, the people fight back. Instead, the government needs to cultivate an unstable and dangerous living condition. With sufficient fear, the people will give up their freedom willingly and beg the government to do whatever is necessary to make them feel safe.

The secret shadow government that was undermining the country was called Hydra.
en.wikipedia.org

"Hail, HYDRA! Immortal HYDRA! We shall never be destroyed! Cut off a limb, and two more shall take its place! We serve none but the Master—as the world shall soon serve us! Hail HYDRA!"

—The HYDRA Oath from Strange Tales #135 (Aug. 1965)

It wasn't preachy, and in fact, it was actually very subtle, but In today's political environment, this movie seemed downright subversive.

Disney bought all of the Marvel properties in 2009. This movie was entertaining as hell and kids will love it. Is it possible that there is a quiet effort to win back the minds of America's youth?"

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds