American Hustle

16 Dec 2013 07:30 #1 by FredHayek
American Hustle was created by FredHayek
Opens this Friday, 12/20. Comes from the guy who made Silver Linings Playbook, AH is set in the 1970's and is a fictional tale about Abscam, an FBI plot to use fake Arabs to bribe public officials. They force arrested con men to set up the stings and you get to figure out who is conning who.
Love con man/grifter movies and they should have fun with overdoing the 1970's. Early reviews say the movie is a mess, but a loveable mess.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2013 11:14 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic American Hustle
I'm loving the cast! But probably won't go see it in the theatre, I'll wait til it comes out on Netflix.
Christian Bale
Bradley Cooper
Amy Adams
Sydney Prosser
Jeremy Renner
Jennifer Lawrence

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Dec 2013 13:03 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic American Hustle
It was great and funnier than I was expecting, especially for those of us who grew up in the 70's.
Don't use metal in the "science oven"!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds