8 New Television Shows To Put On Your Calendar

09 Jan 2014 14:39 #1 by ScienceChic
I'll be scheduling the DVR for Enlisted; I've loved Geoff Stults since his guest appearance on Bones and subsequent spin-off on The Finder (sadly cut short due to the death of Michael Clarke Duncan).

From ‘Enlisted’ to ‘Looking,’ 8 New Television Shows To Put On Your Calendar
By Alyssa Rosenberg on January 8, 2014

January 10: Enlisted (Fox) That Enlisted is one of the sweetest, most sophisticated, funniest comedies of the 2013-2014 season is doubly impressive because it tackled an act that ought to have been awfully hard to pull off: making a comedy about the U.S. military. But Kevin Biegel’s charming show about three brothers trying to rebuild their relationship and advance their Army careers at a stateside base succeeds at being supportive of soldiers while also being clear that war has a serious impact on even the most physically healthy veterans, and manages to be appreciative of soldiers’ skills while acknowledging that acquiring them can come at a cost. And it’s funny: Geoff Stults finally has the role he deserves as highly-achieving soldier Pete Hill, while Parker Young and Chris Lowell are hilarious as his brothers. Keith David is very sharp as their commander, and each episode reveals new strengths among the large and diverse ensemble cast.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds