Mr. Peabody & Sherman

10 Mar 2014 14:25 #1 by FredHayek
I used to love this cartoon when I was a kid, along with Rocky & Bullwinkle and Fractured Fairy Tales, so I was excited to see this movie which opened last week, but I was also a little worried they would ruin it.
Review? Very likeable, and many gags that adults will like a lot. Downside, since this was a movie instead of a 10 minute short, they had to expand on the characters and so some of the charm is missing. Sort of like what Jim Carrey did to the Grinch, humanized him too much.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2014 15:23 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Rocky & Bullwinkle was one of my earliest favorites! I think hubby is planning on taking the kids this weekend, I'll post their review if they do indeed go. I'm glad to hear that you mostly liked it FH. You just never know how well the writers will do with characters - I remember, like many others, wondering how they were going to make a South Park episode last a full-length movie and keep interest in Jay and Silent Bob with them as the lead characters rather than minor comedy relief, and both worked out tremendously well.

Pink Panther...meh.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Mar 2014 13:21 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Mr. Peabody & Sherman
DH took the kids last weekend. They enjoyed it, he said it was only okay.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds