Disney Confirms 'Incredibles' and 'Cars' Sequels

19 Mar 2014 09:20 #1 by ScienceChic
I am excited about the Incredibles sequel - I thought that was one of Pixar's best. Finding Dory should be fun too!

Disney Confirms 'Incredibles' and 'Cars' Sequels
By Brian Anthony Hernandez
March 18, 2014

Iger said The Incredibles 2 as well as Cars 3 are both in development, with Incredibles director Brad Bird formulating the sequel's plot. No timeline was given on their releases, but an announcement on the Disney Pixar Facebook page just made it official.

SEE ALSO: Disney Pixar's 'Nemo' Sequel 'Finding Dory' Arriving in 2015

The announcements arrived as Iger discussed Disney Pixar's slate of upcoming movies, which also includes the Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory, Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2014 09:27 #2 by FredHayek
Like you, I am looking forward to the Incredibles sequel, but I will skip the Cars one.
I think Cars was subpar work for Pixar.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Mar 2014 13:19 #3 by ScienceChic
Agreed. Cars 2 was entertaining, but not stellar story-telling like Incredibles, Wall-E, and Toy Story.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds