Divergent Opens This Friday

19 Mar 2014 13:39 #1 by FredHayek
Getting panned on Rotten Tomatoes but I will see it. The author created some very visual scenes in the book that I want to see translated to film.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2014 13:37 #2 by ScienceChic
I was all excited to read this series, and watch the movies, until I read reviews of the books that follow. Just can't do it now based on that, and I don't want to say more and spoil it for anyone who is looking forward to them. I hope you enjoy it FH!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2014 07:42 #3 by FredHayek
The film was better than I expected after reading the reviews and they had some neat scenes like a nighttime zip line ride through a ruined Chicago.
And I was impressed how close they stayed to the book. Kate Winslet is in the movie as the head villain, but was hardly recognizable. Interesting look for her.

05 Apr 2014 15:47 #4 by SomethingShiny
I loved it and can't wait for the next one. Comparisons of book vs movie are always difficult, you can never cover everything in the book!

05 Apr 2014 17:35 #5 by FredHayek
I do plan to read the other books now. I think I read in the Denver Post about a women's book club that loves the new Young Adult lit for its strong female characters.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds