March Madness Elite Eight: LOTR vs. Game of Thrones!

24 Mar 2014 13:56 #1 by ScienceChic
Finally! A March Madness bracket I can, and want, to participate in! :tongue: Voting ends tonight if you want to get yours in.

Browncoats FOREVER!!!!! lol I hate that Buffy is up against Potter though...I want both to win.

io9 March Madness Elite Eight: Lord of the Rings vs. Game of Thrones!
Alasdair Wilkins
57 minutes ago
File Attachment:

We're down to our last eight competitors in our search for the greatest work in all of science fiction and fantasy. So now it's time for you to vote on today's batch of titanic match-ups, as Star Wars takes on Firefly, Doctor Who battles the X-Men, Lord of the Rings crosses swords with Game of Thrones, and Harry Potter fights Buffy!

Today sees the Elite Eight, in which our competitors face off for a chance to win their chosen regional. Star Wars and Firefly vie for Space Opera supremacy; honestly, if we could settle this with the pictured duel between Han Solo and Malcolm Reynolds, we would, but your voting will have to do. Over in Epic Fantasy, Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones is the one showdown that probably everyone could have seen coming from the very beginning, so we await the coming brutality with great interest. In the Magic & Monsters Regional, Harry Potter has emerged as the standard bearer for magic, while Buffy the Vampire Slayer is on hand to represent the monsters (which, to the best of understanding, she then slays). And our Dystopia & Mad Science Regional delivers us a final that tilts more toward the Mad Science side of things, as Doctor Who and the X-Men fight for the last spot in the Final Four.

The only ones who can decide our Final Four are YOU, so VOTE NOW. Our polls remain open until midnight Pacific time tonight!

The big bracket

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2014 15:03 #2 by FredHayek
Firefly!
Some of these are real tough picks. LOTR by just a hair over GOT.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds