Drunk History?

10 Nov 2014 08:50 #1 by FredHayek
Drunk History? was created by FredHayek
They have had this show on Comedy Central for awhile, probably one of the most unique programs ever!
In the half hour, they usually cover three little known historical tales, many times in the same region or town.
Example, Baltimore, one of the stories is how the Pinkertons had to smuggle Abraham Lincoln through the town on his way to the White House so that no one killed him. So they will liquor up a celebrity and have him tell the tale. Then have other actors act out the events. If the drunk narrator belches, the historical actors will do the same.
I know it sounds very bizarre, but I like learning the history and seeing how messed up the narrators get.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2014 21:14 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Drunk History?
I've thought about checking that out, now I will.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Jan 2015 17:26 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Drunk History?

Rick wrote: I've thought about checking that out, now I will.

and...?

01 Jan 2015 20:45 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Drunk History?
They just ran a marathon of season one very funny and I learned a few new things.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jan 2015 21:06 #5 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Drunk History?
:like: :like: :like:

Things that you probably already knew and a few things that you would never know unless you got to travel to the places this show features! Could be a handy travel planning tool if you hit the lottery or came into a lot of money through a dead relative.

:newyear:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds