Movies You've Watched Too Many Times...

02 Dec 2014 21:38 - 02 Dec 2014 21:40 #1 by Rick
When you're looking for a movie and one of your old favorites is on, which ones always pull you in?

classics
The African Queen
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Clockwork Orange

Guy movies

Gladiator
Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan

Sci Fi

The Matrix
2001 a Space Odyssey

Chick Flix

Drawing a blank :unsure:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2014 07:17 #2 by pacamom
Dirty Dancing

03 Dec 2014 07:34 #3 by FredHayek
When VCR's came out, pre-recorded tapes were super expensive, $99 was a normal price, which was a lot of money in the late 70's. We had a bootleg recording of "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock, us four kids watched it so many times even decades later we are still able to say all the lines.

And Jeremiah Johnson, watch that every year at elk camp.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Dec 2014 08:07 #4 by ScienceChic
Any James Bond, Star Trek, Marvel, or Kevin Smith film (though they usually don't play those on TV, and they're really not worth watching as a sterilized version).

Shawshank Redemption will do it, as would Bull Durham or Tin Cup. Do those count as "guy flicks"? Chick flicks are not my thing on most days. Although I do love a good Sandra Bullock rom-com like Speed, Miss Congeniality, or While You Were Sleeping.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2014 18:52 - 03 Dec 2014 18:54 #5 by homeagain
Drama...ALL of the Jason Bourne saga...great scripts,superb acting((Damon has signed on for ANOTHER)

Chick ...MoonStruck (Do ya love him Loretta? Yes,Ma I love him, That's too bad, they drive you
crazy because they know they can) and When Harry met Sally...YES,YES,YES...(IF you don't know what that means,then you haven't seen the movie)

SyFy...BladeRunner classic, but the best of the best was Jurassic Park they are doing a remake of
it called Jurassic World comes out in 2016....Star Trek (past and present updates)Chris Pine does a PERFECT Capt. Kirk as does the new Spock (forgot his name.)and of course Avatar..for uptrending techniques

Tragic romance/adventure...Out of Africa....Magnificent cinematography and simply beautiful music.

FORGOT THELMA AND LOUISE (Brad Pitt's debut was a no brainer for stardom)

04 Dec 2014 07:03 #6 by FredHayek
And if I come across Goodfellas playing while surfing, I will have to stop and watch.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Dec 2014 07:26 #7 by HEARTLESS

FredHayek wrote: And if I come across Goodfellas playing while surfing, I will have to stop and watch.

Dude! If a movie plays while you're gettin gnarly in the pipeline, it is just the hallucinogens kicking in.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Dec 2014 07:30 #8 by HEARTLESS
Sorry about that. I may have been channeling Keanu Reeves. :unsure:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Dec 2014 10:35 #9 by ScienceChic
LOL! I'm still trying to picture you channeling Keanu Reeves - I think that's going to occupy my whole day! :biggrin:

Mmm, Jason Bourne. I actually really liked Jeremy Renner in the "role" (it wasn't exactly Bourne, but the same type program), although the plot itself sucked in that one. I'm bummed he won't be back.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Dec 2014 13:48 #10 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote:
Mmm, Jason Bourne. I actually really liked Jeremy Renner in the "role" (it wasn't exactly Bourne, but the same type program), although the plot itself sucked in that one. I'm bummed he won't be back.

I agree, I like him better that Matt in that role.

Here's a few others I love that all have a British accent... all cool, weird, and funny...

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch
Trainspotting

And in the top five,

Pulp Fiction
Fight Club

I've seen too many movies obviously

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds