Wild

23 Jan 2015 07:22 #1 by FredHayek
Wild was created by FredHayek
Wild, the movie with Reese Witherspoon, is the tale of a woman whose life comes apart after her mother dies, drugs, divorce, adultery. She decides to hike the 1000 mile Pacific Crest Trail to prove something to herself and her mother.
I was hoping by seeing the movie, it might inspire me to take my own multi-day hike this summer, but instead talked me out of it.
I thought the movie was good, but a bit of a journey like the hike itself. Reese and the actress who played her mother were both nominated for Academy Awards. And a lot of the film consists of flashbacks as the hike goes on.
One glaring mistake: Reese after hiking for a month in the Mojave desert is more pale than me in January.
Underground hiking?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2015 08:08 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Wild
I enjoyed "The wild Truth" better than this book....Chris McCandless journey "Into the Wild" was a puzzle
and it did NOT make sense,but because I have lived in Fairbanks it was GOOD read. His sister FINALLY
penned the TRUTH of Chris's soul searching in The Wild Truth. Altho she was the primary consultant on movie version, there was MUCH that was left unstated. The book (that came out most recently) was NEEDED. It CLARIFIED the chaos and critical mass of that family.

I was unable to finish "Wild",for me, it was unsettling. Perhaps if I could have endured the book to the end I might have changed my mind...

23 Jan 2015 09:14 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wild
I do want to read the book now to flesh out the character of the authoress.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds