Has Hollywood Run Out of Ideas?

19 Jul 2015 20:07 #1 by otisptoadwater
I always enjoyed this TV series as a kid and even more as an adult. Why can't Hollywood come up with something original?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2015 21:20 #2 by otisptoadwater

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Jul 2015 09:21 #3 by FredHayek
I don't understand making movies from ancient series like Man From Uncle. I wasn't old enough to watch the original and most theatregoers are much younger than me so they have never seen the original and have no desire to relive their experiences of seeing it.

But sometimes it can be fun to see original material interpreted with new eyes. And often it can be an improvement. The original Batman movie was a campy classic and fun, Burton made a fun and artistic version with Michael Keaton, but then Christopher Nolan made an even better version with probably the best "Joker" ever in Heath Ledger.

Something I like seeing? Old movies brought back to the big screen, Ghostbusters, Jaws, and now Back To The Future. I much prefer seeing the movie in the theater so it is nice to revisit them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds