Matt Damon Returning for ‘Bourne 5′; Paul Greengrass to Direct

16 Sep 2015 15:12 #1 by ScienceChic
How did I miss this news?? I'm happy he'll be back, along with Greengrass, but I did really like Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross so I hope it's true that his Bourne movie has only been pushed back and won't interfere with his Marvel commitments.

Matt Damon Confirms New ‘Bourne’ for 2016
Nov 2014

A couple of months ago , it was reported that Damon would once again portray the super-spy in Bourne 5, with his old friend Paul Greengrass back in the director’s chair. The caveat there was that the duo was “in talks,” meaning that things could have theoretically fallen through, but that’s not the case. Damon has now confirmed he will be back.

Matt Damon Confirms He's Reprising His Role as Jason Bourne

Matt Damon Returning for ‘Bourne 5′; Paul Greengrass to Direct
Nov 2014

There’s long been speculation that the developing Bourne Legacy sequel – which has Justin Lin (Fast and the Furious 3-6) attached to direct – could team up Jeremy Renner’s Aaron Cross and Damon’s Bourne on a new adventure, but it doesn’t sound as though that’s the plan with Bourne 5. Details are scarce at the moment, but Deadline is reporting that Universal is pushing for this project to begin production in the first half of 2015 – and thus, be ready in time to take the 2016 release date that was previously reserved for Lin’s Bourne spinoff/sequel (with the latter being moved to another day).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2015 07:11 #2 by FredHayek
It will be interesting to see where they take the franchise. I thought the last Damon movie was a good finish.
Warning: the books are totally different.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Feb 2016 13:30 #3 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Apr 2016 09:23 #4 by ScienceChic
Looks entertaining but isn't grabbing me with any thrilling plot. Meh, hope it turns out better.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds