Star Trek Beyond. In Theatres July 22 2016

14 Dec 2015 14:03 #1 by ScienceChic
Well, it's action-packed. Whether it has a good story/plot will hopefully be evident in future trailers and/or the movie itself. I worry because the director is best known for The Fast & The Furious. I don't want to be let down like I was with the last Star Trek film.

Published on Dec 14, 2015

From director Justin Lin comes STAR TREK BEYOND starring Idris Elba, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Zach Quinto, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Anton Yelchin and Karl Urban. In theaters July 22nd.

Official Site: www.startrekmovie.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/StarTrekMovie
Twitter: twitter.com/StarTrekMovie
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Paramount

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2015 14:37 - 14 Dec 2015 14:39 #2 by FredHayek
They will be playing the trailer before the new Star Wars movie so you can see it on the big screen.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 May 2016 16:49 #3 by ScienceChic
The latest trailer. I'm encouraged because it's not a recycled storyline so they can't f--- it up like they did the last movie, but still concerned about it being more action than substance. Hoping we get another trailer before it comes out in 2 months. The visual effects are nice!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jul 2016 11:22 #4 by ScienceChic
Capone praises STAR TREK BEYOND for returning to the basics of the series!!!
Published at: July 22, 2016, 1 p.m. CST by Capone

I complain a lot about action movies (and other genres, for that matter) not devoting enough (or any) time to character development, in an effort to make us care whether any of these people live or die. As with most of the TREK properties, STAR TREK BEYOND never forgets to do this. We don’t need a lot, but we need something to hold onto. The added emotions many audience members will carry into the film with the passing of Nimoy and Yelchin since STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS is only going to make that more necessary. Screenwriters Pegg and Jung have made me remember what I truly love about these characters, and that warm feeling extends to new character Jaylah, who is drawn as technically proficient as well as a helluva fighter.

Of the three recent STAR TREK offerings, BEYOND is easily the most purely entertaining. It doesn’t dig deep as far as the greater meanings of Starfleet and its presiding mission, but Krall’s backstory does take a critical look at how the organization has operated in the past, which coincides with Kirk’s doubts about his role in it. Still, as far as franchise work this summer, this is one of the better ones, and I’m still quite eager to see what both the creative team and the actors have in store moving forward. As we learn in this film from a crashed, old-school starship that has been sitting on a desolate planet for decades, there’s still life in this old jalopy, even at 50 years old.

24 Jul 2016 16:56 #5 by FredHayek
It was a little too busy, showing off the 3D, but I liked it. They made most of the cast important to the plot and you have to love that BB saved the Federation. Sabotage was also in the first Chris Pine Trek movie.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds