Hateful Eight

03 Jan 2016 09:22 - 03 Jan 2016 09:22 #1 by FredHayek
Hateful Eight was created by FredHayek
Pretty good Tarantino movie with the bonus of Colorado scenery. The movie was filmed around Telluride. Irony? A production with such gorgeous scenery spends the most time in a claustrophobic stage stop. Beware, the film is bloody and violent.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2016 10:42 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hateful Eight
A bloody and violent Tarantino film? Say it isn't so! <snicker> I'm 50-50 on his films. I either love them or I could care less and regret wasted time watching them. Loved Inglorious Basterds, the Kill Bill series, and Pulp Fiction; despised From Dusk Till Dawn. This one kinda struck me as a Dusk Till Dawn type - which would you say this one is more like FH?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2016 10:46 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Hateful Eight
It reminded me most of Reservoir Dogs. People hiding out but not trusting those around them. Good performances from Russel, Jackson, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2016 10:50 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Hateful Eight
Hmm, I've only seen bits and pieces of that one; it looked like one I would probably like.

Thanks for the recommendation!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds