Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69

11 Jan 2016 01:49 #1 by ScienceChic
He seemed immortal to me somehow. Rest in peace David Bowie, what a glorious gift you gave the world with your uniqueness, talent, and tenacity.

Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69
The singer-songwriter and producer excelled at glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during an eclectic 40-plus-year career.
by Mike Barnes, Shirley Halperin, Billboard
1/10/2016 10:42pm PST

David Bowie has died after a battle with cancer, his rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 69.

"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18-month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief," read a statement posted on the artist's official social media accounts.

The influential singer-songwriter and producer excelled at glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his eclectic 40-plus-year career. He just released his 25th album, Blackstar, Jan. 8, which was his birthday.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2016 08:41 #2 by FredHayek
Love his stuff, even though I am younger than his normal fan base. Then I get to work and my much younger coworkers all know Bowie for the movie Labyrinth.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds