Speaking of Mental...

28 Jan 2016 22:44 #1 by Rick
Speaking of Mental... was created by Rick
Have any of you seen the series "Mr. Robot" ? It's on USA network but the first season ended. If you can see it, I think you'll like it (if you like weird stuff). The first season ended so I got it off On Demand...season 2 is coming in June I think.

Anyway, this introverted morphine addict mental case is also a brilliant hacker who wants to save the world... it's like Anonymous meets Fight Club (don't want to give any more away) . It's got Christian Slater and this young guy Rami Malek who really plays crazy well.

Anyone seen it?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2016 10:08 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Speaking of Mental...
I watched one episode. It was quite weird! I liked it, but not enough to start recording it to watch. We started using Hulu not long ago, maybe starting from the beginning would be better? Do they have it available there do you know?

Thanks for the recommendation Rick!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Jan 2016 17:17 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Speaking of Mental...

ScienceChic wrote: I watched one episode. It was quite weird! I liked it, but not enough to start recording it to watch. We started using Hulu not long ago, maybe starting from the beginning would be better? Do they have it available there do you know?

Thanks for the recommendation Rick!

It's actually hard to stop watching after the third episode... not sure about Hulu but supposedly will be on Amazon prime at some point. The main character is the head of a group called "FSOCIETY", which is basically a copy of the hacker group Anonymous. This guy Elliot has a split personality but really just wants to take out everything that's bad in the world. The show won best series, best lead actor, and best supporting actor at the Golden Globes so I expect it to be around for awhile. What got me interested in it was the fact that an old friend I used to work with is in it, Jeremy Holm.. we worked at The Fort restaurant together back in the 80s and I remember back then he always wanted to be an actor. He has also played a part in House of Cards and is in the movie The Judge.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jan 2016 18:22 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Speaking of Mental...
That's pretty cool knowing someone in the show! I used to know someone who was cousins with the guy who played Shia LaBoeuf's best friend in the first Transformers movie. That's about the only Hollywood connection I've ever had. LOL

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds