RIP Carrie Fisher

27 Dec 2016 11:49 #1 by ScienceChic
2016 claims another. :(

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60: ‘She Was Loved by the World and She Will Be Missed Profoundly’
BY LINDSAY KIMBLE•@LEKIMBLE
POSTED ON DECEMBER 27, 2016

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to PEOPLE on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd:
“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2016 17:45 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic RIP Carrie Fisher
This hit home for me today.

The Importance of General Organa
byAnne Thériault
December 27, 2016

This is the Leia that has lost everything: her world, her parents, her son to the dark side, her brother to who knows where, her lover

This is the Leia that could easily have broken down or given up. But she was stronger than literally every man in her life. She kept going.

In General Organa I see a woman changed by loss but not destroyed. I see a brilliant commander with good people skills & tactical knowledge

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Dec 2016 19:12 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic RIP Carrie Fisher
How incredibly sad for their family. :( While planning her daughter's funeral, Debbie Reynolds passes away after suffering a stroke.

Debbie Reynolds Dead at 84
12/28/2016 5:33 PM PST

Debbie Reynolds -- who rose to stardom in "Singin' in the Rain" and quickly became a staple among Hollywood royalty -- died Wednesday as a result of a stroke, TMZ has learned ... just one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away ... this according to her son Todd.

Debbie was rushed to a hospital shortly after 1 PM when someone at the Beverly Hills home of her son, Todd, called 911 to report a possible stroke. We're told Debbie and Todd were making funeral plans for Carrie, who died Tuesday of cardiac arrest.

31 Dec 2016 11:12 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic RIP Carrie Fisher
(Spoilers-sort of) I just watched Rogue One and the part at the end where a CGI Princess Leia accepts the plans to the Death Star made me tear up.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds