Thor: Ragnarok

11 Apr 2017 11:44 #1 by ScienceChic
Thor: Ragnarok was created by ScienceChic
Teaser trailer dropped today! Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster, oh yes. The Hulk - yay!! Loki - whoo-hoo! Hela, ohmygod!

Bad ass, just the way I like it! :coolwink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2017 14:20 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Thor: Ragnarok
Thor...all electrified...oh hell yaaasss!

Hulk is back in the 'Thor: Ragnarok' trailer, and he's never looked more smashing
By Angie Han
18 hours ago

It's the end of the world as we know it, and we feel ... pretty hyped, actually.

That's because while the new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok promises doom and destruction, it also promises a really good time.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2017 08:48 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Thor: Ragnarok
Love the trailer, I know this guy from work!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Oct 2017 20:04 #4 by ScienceChic
Tonight at dinner my son called me Satan and my DH Death. DH protested and said he'd rather be Satan; I seconded that I'd rather be Death. Then showed him this featurette. :P

#badass

01 Nov 2017 12:15 - 01 Nov 2017 12:16 #5 by FredHayek
Teenagers! I was just as onery. This movie looks more fun than the others. I have been reading more Norse mythology lately, especially Gaiman's take. The critics seem to love it, over 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

04 Nov 2017 18:59 #6 by FredHayek
Best Thor movie, possibly the best Avengers movie.

04 Nov 2017 23:25 #7 by ScienceChic
That's quite the praise, being as there are 17 MCU movies! We're planning on seeing it tomorrow.

This was a fun read, and the two clips of Team Thor were great.
The evolution of Chris Hemsworth, comedy star
By Angie Han
1 day ago

There are lots of reasons Thor: Ragnarok works as well as it does: a ridiculously talented director, an deep bench of charismatic supporting stars, an eye-popping array of costumes and sets, a killer synth-heavy score, a franchise-making machine well-honed after nine years and 17 films.

The biggest reason, though, may be that Thor: Ragnarok finally figures out what we probably should've known all along: Chris Hemsworth is a comedy star.

Think back to the first Thor. The film was at its best when it just sat back and watched Hemsworth's Thor discover all that Midgard had to offer: traffic laws, pet stores, low-rise jeans, and, most memorably, coffee.

12 Nov 2017 11:50 #8 by ScienceChic
My review:
I liked this one equally as well as the first. The first was awesome in setting up this character, showing his growth and maturation process, establishing his humility, his caring for his people, his willingness to sacrifice. This one is definitely more funny and pulls it off because of Hemsworth's talent as a comedic actor, and again shows his loyalty and dedication to his people. I loved the messages it made about society. However, I thought at times that it was a little too lighthearted and joking, they didn't need to go that far. I was also a tad disappointed in Hulk/Banner - he seemed simply shell-shocked once coming out of Hulk phase and I would've liked for them to address Banner dealing with that more. I was also disappointed in what they did with the Warriors Three and Lady Sif (Warning: Spoilers!) -they deserved a little better (or anything at all? I know Jaimie Alexander had scheduling conflicts, but to not even mention her?).

All in all, I really liked it and look forward to watching it again. Was it my favorite of all the MCU? Nope, but anytime I get to watch Thor and Loki bouncing off each other ("Let's do "Get Help" - LOL!) I'm a happy camper. :)

This made me cringe and laugh simultaneously. James Cordon is certainly having some fun (and has considerable pull getting all these players together)!
Entire cast of 'Thor' puts on a budget live play for unsuspecting moviegoers

And this. :silly:

12 Nov 2017 13:32 - 12 Nov 2017 13:46 #9 by FredHayek
Good point about the first Thor movie. It was fun to see a god adjust to middle America.
I may need to rewatch it. And I have been seeing some criticism about the humor, but if you read the source material, Thor is pretty much a naïve, bumbling idiot, except when he needs to rise up and smack those who try and take advantage of him. As a rating, Four out of Five Valkyries. That was one problem I had with the movie. Instead of Valhalla being a place with fighting during the day and partying the night away, It was a morgue full of the dead waiting to be called forth.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds