Deadpool 2 - June 1, 2018

30 Jun 2017 22:54 #1 by ScienceChic
Better than a fresh chimichanga! :coolwink:

‘Deadpool 2’ Starts Filming as First Set Photos Arrive
by Adam Chitwood
June 27, 2017

Ladies and gentlemen, filming is officially underway for Deadpool 2. It’s been a somewhat fraught rode to production on the sequel, though not near as difficult as it was getting Deadpool off the ground. The R-rated superhero movie that 20th Century Fox really didn’t want to make went through years of stops and starts, but star/producer Ryan Reynolds, director Tim Miller, and writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick stuck with it. After greenlighting the film on a fraction of the budget that other superhero movies get, Deadpool went on to gross $783 million at the box office. Needless to say, the sequel started moving fast.

Yes indeed, the casting search for the role of Cable, a major character from the comics, included high profile names like Brad Pitt before Josh Brolin eventually signed on to take the role.

The tweet he posted on June 17th made me smile. :) I can't link it here, you'll have to go search his profile . The promotion for this movie (if it continues the same as the last one) is as good as the movie itself; it's how marketing should be done. It'll be tough to wait almost a whole year!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds