Fantastic Beasts 2 - November 16, 2018

06 Jul 2017 22:14 #1 by ScienceChic
The Fantastic Beasts franchise has been confirmed to be a 5-movie deal, so we have much more to enjoy! The first one was such a departure from what we'd been used to with the Harry Potter books/movies, my kids and I found it refreshing and fun. We're looking forward to the next one!

'Fantastic Beasts 2' involves a magical circus and we can't freaking wait
By Angie Han
1 day ago

We couldn't tell you where to find fantastic beasts, but we can point you to all the latest details about Fantastic Beasts.

Shooting on the sequel began Monday, July 3, and to mark the occasion, Warner Bros. has shared a whole bunch of new info about the as-yet-untitled film. Here's what you need to know.
1. All the major characters from the first film are returning.
2. Plus, some new folks are joining the cast.
3. A magical circus is involved.
4. It's Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald.
5. And of course, there will be Easter eggs aplenty.

Fantastic Beasts 2, 3, 4 and 5 release date, cast, plot and all you need to know
By Hugh Armitage and Rosie Fletcher
4 July 2017

As noted, JK Rowling has said that the films will cover 19 years of Wizarding World history. That will take the last one up to 1945, the year that Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald and claimed the Elder Wand from him.

That was also the year that a certain Tom Riddle (the future Voldemort) graduated from Hogwarts.

All that considered, it seems unlikely that the fifth film won't feature the climactic battle between Dumbledore and his former friend.

That 19-year period also covers the birth of Voldemort and the actions surrounding the creation of his first Horcruxes.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2017 08:53 #2 by FredHayek
Loved the animals in the first movie, but wasn't expecting the other storyline to be so dark. I would love for Rowling to let other authors play in her world. Imagine Stephen King writing a short story about a Maine based wizard. An anthology would be a lot of fun to read.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds