RIP Tom Petty, dead at 66

02 Oct 2017 14:20 - 02 Oct 2017 15:47 #1 by ScienceChic
Damn. Another legend gone. I was supposed to see him and the Heartbreakers in concert in Las Vegas in 1999 but ended up missing it because of United Airlines. They had a habit of overbooking their hourly Friday afternoon/evening flights out of San Fran to Vegas and I was bumped from the 2pm flight I was supposed to catch, and the 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, etc until I finally got on either the 9 or 10pm flight. By then it was way too late to catch the concert. It was the only time I ever wanted to write a letter to the airlines to bitch at the treatment I received and demand money for the tickets and my flight. I go to very few concerts, and never made this one happen after missing it. :(

Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66
By Andrea Park CBS News October 2, 2017, 3:59 PM

Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66, CBS News has confirmed.

The legendary musician suffered a full cardiac arrest and was found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home Sunday night.

Well, now they're saying they can't confirm his death but it sounds like he's fully on life support and they don't expect him to make it. Sad news either way.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds