Three Billboards Outside Hibbing, Missouri

12 Nov 2017 13:43 #1 by FredHayek
A British wrote and directed this movie about a very offbeat middle American community. A mother, feeling guilt over losing her daughter, posts three billboard at the murder site, questioning the commitment of the police force where she lives. Wonderful performances all around, from the mother to the chief of police, and even the racist, drunk, police officer. The script was also a pleasant surprise, taking the story in directions I was not expecting. It does not have the typical Hollywood ending, and I can see that might upset some moviegoers. Four out of Five Billboards.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2018 08:47 #2 by FredHayek
Life imitating movies? I have seen a couple examples of this. Rolling billboards like you will see in Vegas on the Strip are now being used for political and social awareness. Using the same red color background of the ones in the film, they were out in Florida to condemn the lack of new gun laws, and also in Britain to complain about sloth on helping out the victims in a high rise fire. Probably see them in Denver eventually.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds