Incredibles 2 - June 15 2018

19 Nov 2017 16:03 #1 by ScienceChic
Yay! This was one of my favorite Pixar films and I've wondered why they hadn't made a sequel. Happy to see Brad Bird is back to helm it.

Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transistion for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2017 08:05 #2 by FredHayek
The original Incredibles is probably the best Pixar movie ever made. From start to finish, it was so good, with such great timing and humor. Might have to put that in the DVR this month again.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Dec 2017 14:34 #3 by ScienceChic
I agree! It and Ratatouille are my two favorites. I was hoping they'd set this one after some time had passed and the kids were a little older, had grappled with growing into their powers and responsibility (especially since it's been like 10 years in real life). But, I look forward to this one nonetheless.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds