Deadpool 2: New Trailer

12 Feb 2018 15:06 #1 by FredHayek
Coming out in May, looks like many of our favorites from the original movie will be back and Cable/Josh Brolin is looking like a classic villain. Excited.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2018 22:48 - 19 May 2018 22:49 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Deadpool 2: New Trailer
Yesterday was Little Science Dude's birthday, and in true teenager fashion the only things he asked for was cash and to go see Deadpool. So, at 10:40pm, he and I booked it to the theatre and settled in with snacks and drinks waiting for the hilarity and carnage to ensue. And boy did it ever!

I won't spoil it by going into details, but I will say that my favorite scene was in his apartment where everyone showed up to talk to him. Weasel's riff describing Wade was even better than the one in the first movie where he described his mutilated face. Josh Brolin was perfection in the role of Cable - he knocked it out of the park. Domino was a breath of fresh air and I adored her don't-give-sh** attitude. The unexpected baddie was everything I ever expected of that character and I'm glad they sprung that on us.

My only complaint was that Negasonic Teenage Warhead and her girlfriend Yukio don't do nearly enough. And I'm really starting to dislike heroes who don't face any consequences and pain for their actions, but get to conveniently fix it all at the end (not that Avengers Infinity War got fixed at the end, but you totally know it will and without them having to make the hard choices and sacrifice)

With that, I will leave you with two videos that are clean enough to put here. Head to The Ring for the NSFW ones. :)

UMP Movie Guide
Published on May 3, 2018

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jun 2018 15:33 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Deadpool 2: New Trailer
My friends both were impressed that the sequel was so good. Will try to check it out this weekend.

05 Jun 2018 01:15 #4 by ScienceChic
It was awesome, you're gonna like it! (Waaaaayyy better than Avengers)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jun 2018 15:50 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Deadpool 2: New Trailer
I was really worried that the Deadpool sequel would be unable to hold to the groundbreaking standards of the original but was pleasantly surprised! Very well done, and just as much fun, and possibly the funniest post-credits scene ever, especially if you know the Green Lantern story with Ryan. Saw it at Alamo Drafthouse so they had great Deadpool related pre-movie material including the Green Lantern trailer. Kudos to all involved!

11 Jun 2018 10:36 #6 by ScienceChic
Glad you enjoyed it FH!

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds