Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Nov 16, 2018

22 Jul 2018 12:49 #1 by ScienceChic
So much happiness coming out of Comic Con (although I have to say I'm disappointed that not a single fellow geek managed to sneak the footage from Wonder Woman 1984 onto YouTube for us non-attending peons to grab a glimpse before it got taken down again). I'm going to start a couple of threads on the ones I'm most excited about, feel free to add your own thoughts!

The new 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' trailer is here and it's time to get hype
By Alexis Nedd
1 day ago

Newt Scamander returns in this new three-plus minute trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald...

There are a few delightful surprises in the trailer, including the return of Ezra Miller's Credence Barebone... and don't miss the surprising Harry Potter character who makes his movie debut at the very end!

The first official trailer from 4 months ago:

Fantastic Beasts 2, 3, 4 and 5 release date, cast, plot and all you need to know
By Hugh Armitage and Rosie Fletcher
23 November 2017

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them took us back to 1926 – a world preparing itself for war against the growing forces of the dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald. The next four films will span 19 years, building up to some major events in the Harry Potter backstory.

Meanwhile, series producer David Heyman has teased that each of the upcoming sequels will have its own distinct flavour.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2018 10:37 #2 by FredHayek
I like that they are making prequels to Harry Potter with a young Dumbledore.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jul 2018 12:43 #3 by ScienceChic
Me too, and that there will be 3 more after this warms my heart!

I did see an idea that made me sad though. Someone on reddit I think it was (or maybe aintiitcool?) postulated that at some point in our lifetimes, Hollywood will reboot the Harry Potter films and that "we will all hate it." With as much money as they made off of them, it's a given that it will happen. I did like the idea that was tossed out to make it a mini-series on HBO/Showtime so they could delve more deeply into each of the character's back-stories, and put back in everything they trimmed from the books to keep the movies at 2.5 hours long. That would be fun, especially if Rowling were involved!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Sep 2018 20:25 - 25 Sep 2018 20:26 #4 by ScienceChic
Nagini the snake was a maledictus. Awesome-sauce. Final trailer dropped today.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds