Aquaman - December 21, 2018

26 Jul 2018 21:33 #1 by ScienceChic
I was pleasantly surprised when I recently watched Justice League and it didn't suck as much as I thought it would. Aquaman was definitely the most fun character, and I'm happy to see they are making a stand-alone for him!

www.Facebook.com/AquamanMovie
www.Twitter.com/AquamanMovie
www.Instagram.com/AquamanMovie

From Warner Bros. Pictures and director James Wan comes an action-packed adventure that spans the vast, visually breathtaking underwater world of the seven seas, “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa in the title role. The film reveals the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry and takes him on the journey of his lifetime—one that will not only force him to face who he really is, but to discover if he is worthy of who he was born to be…a king.

‘Aquaman’: 50 Things to Know about James Wan’s Ambitious Spin on a Superhero Movie
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
July 16, 2018

Aquaman (Jason Momoa) and Mera (Amber Heard) are on the hunt for an ancient artifact. As the two search the globe, they eventually end up in the desert, in a mysterious room below the surface. As they bicker about where they are and what they need to do, a mysterious opening in the floor slides to the left to reveal a bottle with a message inside. A moment later, director James Wan calls cut.

Last year, right after Comic-Con, a few other online reporters and I got to travel to the Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia, to visit the set of Aquaman when the film was in the middle of shooting. While there I learned so much about the next DC superhero movie, and I can say with absolute certainty Aquaman is going to be a cool film.

Unlike some of the previous DC films, James Wan is making his version of a superhero movie, which includes a fun tone (think Romancing the Stone and Raiders of the Lost Ark) and taking place in a lighter universe. Now before you start to think Wan is leaving his horror past behind, Aquaman is going to have a sequence or two that will creep you out. In addition, while looking at all the concept art and seeing how they are bringing Atlantis to life, I left the visit thinking they were doing everything right, and I’m beyond excited to see the finished film.

If you’re trying to stay completely spoiler-free, you might not want to read these ahead.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2018 18:48 #2 by ScienceChic
Extended trailer

Amazon Prime Members Can See Aquaman Movie 5 Days Early
by Michael Kennedy – on Nov 15, 2018

Despite the DCEU's ups and downs, fans remain committed to the franchise, and are always hoping for the best. DC's next shot at redemption comes with next month's Aquaman solo movie, featuring Jason Momoa reprising the role he previously played in Justice League. While fans had many complaints about Justice League, Momoa's performance wasn't one of them. Reaction to the trailers and marketing so far has been fairly positive, and if nothing else, director James Wan's film looks to be a visual feast. Aquaman swims into theaters on December 21 (with the usual preview screenings on the 20th), but according to Rerelease News, Amazon Prime subscribers will be offered the chance to screen the film 5 days prior to that, on Saturday, December 15.

Extended trailer plus behind the scenes:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Nov 2018 11:44 #3 by ScienceChic
Epic new 'Aquaman' trailer is a story of kings and heroes
By Proma Khosla
20 hours ago

A new trailer for the action-packed Aquaman origin story has us wanting to move to Atlantis – even as its new hero faces a ferocious fight. Aquaman's latest trailer is for a story about family – about parents and legacy and heroes and kings.

22 Dec 2018 18:32 #4 by ScienceChic
Went to see this last night in the IMAX theatre with Lil Science Dude - two thumbs up for a rollicking good time! It's one that we'll enjoy watching several times over. Momoa had a blast in this role, the underwater visuals are stunning, and Nicole Kidman was divine as usual (she made me tear up twice, dammit).

Stay for the mid-credits scene that sets up the (predictably) next movie.

22 Dec 2018 18:55 #5 by FredHayek
Was never a fan of Aquaman, but it does look like Jason may be able to make him cool finally. Probably go see it next week.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Dec 2018 09:56 #6 by FredHayek
A little long and they tried to cram way too much into it, but Jason and Nicole were great. And I want to see the sequel with more Black Manta.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds