The Hitman’s Bodyguard Sequel

07 Mar 2019 14:14 #1 by ScienceChic
I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie (Salma Hayek stole the show) and definitely look forward to this with the addition of Grillo! Rumors are it's titled The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard.

Frank Grillo Joins Ryan Reynolds in ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
By Justin Kroll
March 1, 2019

Frank Grillo is joining Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson in the sequel to “The Hitman’s Bodyguard.”

Salma Hayek will be returning as well. The original movie, released in the summer of 2017, grossed $75.5 million in the U.S. and more than $176 million globally.[/u][/color][/size]

‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ sequel being shot in Croatia
by croatiaweek March 5, 2019

5 March 2019 – Actors Samuel L. Jackson (70), Salma Hayek (52) and Ryan Reynolds (42), are set to shoot a new Hollywood film in Croatia.

According to Glas Istre, the trio, who starred together in the film ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’, will soon be arriving in Rovinj to shoot the sequel.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2019 09:38 #2 by FredHayek
I don't know how I missed the original. I will have to look it up. Also didn't realize Jackson was 70. Looking very good for his age! And loved him in "Glass".

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2019 10:33 #3 by ScienceChic
I posted it in The Ring so I could include the uncensored trailer, :biggrin: but it got hidden down there.

I discovered he was 70 when he went on Ellen for an interview when Infinity War was coming out. It blew me away too - I had no idea and wouldn't have put him past 55. He's impressive!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Apr 2021 14:42 #4 by ScienceChic
WHOO HOO! The trailer dropped today and it looks to be as much fun as the first. B)
What a cast too: Salma Hayek, Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Frank Grillo, and Antonio Banderas. IMDb Page

The world's most lethal odd couple - bodyguard Michael Bryce and hitman Darius Kincaid - are back on another life-threatening mission. Still unlicensed and under scrutiny, Bryce is forced into action by Darius's even more volatile wife, the infamous international con artist Sonia Kincaid. As Bryce is driven over the edge by his two most dangerous protectees, the trio get in over their heads in a global plot and soon find that they are all that stand between Europe and a vengeful and powerful madman. Joining in the fun and deadly mayhem is Morgan Freeman as - well, you'll have to see.

14 Apr 2021 09:37 #5 by FredHayek
I did eventually see the first one in the theater. Creative piece of filmmaking. And great chemistry between Ryan Reynolds and Jackson.

I will probably see this one too. I miss going to the theater. And especially matinees.

I do wonder what happened to Reynold's NPC movie. I thought one looks like a lot of fun. I hope it will come to theaters instead of only being on some app platform somewhere.

20 Jun 2021 17:30 #6 by ScienceChic
Went to the movies today for the first time in over a year to see this. It was funny, the plot kept moving, and Salma Hayek is one of my favorite human beings ever. I highly recommend it on the big screen!

20 Jun 2021 18:03 #7 by koobookie
Soooo... it was good?

20 Jun 2021 18:08 #8 by ScienceChic

20 Jun 2021 18:56 #9 by homeagain
U had me at Morgan Freeman.....:biggrin:

21 Jun 2021 08:45 #10 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: U had me at Morgan Freeman.....:biggrin:

Do you mean Samuel L Jackson? Morgan Freeman is soft spoken compared to Jackson.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds