Star Trek: Picard

20 Jul 2019 18:09 #1 by ScienceChic
Comic-Con week means all kinds of goodies! It was great to see Seven of Nine here. Series premieres early 2020.

Comic-Con 2019 -- Everything to know about Star Trek: Picard
Patrick Stewart beams back into the world of Star Trek as Jean-Luc Picard. Here's all the latest news on the cast, plot, release date and dog.
By Amanda Kooser, July 20, 2019

Patrick Stewart is going where no Starfleet captain has gone before: into his very own series, decades after wrapping up his original Star Trek run. And he'll have a furry companion.

Star Trek: Picard is a CBS All Access streaming show. It follows on the heels of Star Trek: Discovery, but the two series take place at very different points in the Trek universe.

A new trailer came out of San Diego Comic-Con. There, a detailed exhibit called Jean-Luc Picard: The First Duty lets conference-goers get up close with original Starfleet uniforms and classic artifacts tracing his life.

In an interview published by Deadline early Saturday the weekend of SDCC, showrunner Alex Kurtzman said of the event: "You can expect multiple surprises, and I'll leave it at that." One of those surprises included news that Star Trek icons Brent Spiner, Jeri Ryan and Jonathan Del Arco will all appear in the new series.

The teaser lays out a big plot point when a voiceover says Admiral Picard commanded a rescue armada that "led us out of the darkness" 15 years before the series picks up. It asks the questions: What did it cost him and why did he leave Starfleet? That's a huge cliffhanger to contemplate ahead of the show's debut.

www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-picard/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2019 09:22 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Star Trek: Picard
It does look intriguing. Going from being a Captain to just an ordinary citizen trying to save the day. Different dynamic. And it appears there will at least be a cameo by Riker.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Jan 2020 23:10 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Star Trek: Picard
Kids went to see Jumanji today and told me they showed a preview for this before the film! I'm kind of surprised they'd do a preview for a TV series, but since it's subscription-based I suppose they need to sell it any way they can.

Star Trek's newest Short Treks trailer teases Picard connection

Breaking Down the Old Friends and New Secrets of Star Trek: Picard's Latest Trailer
James Whitbrook, Gizmodo | 10/07/19

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Jan 2020 07:27 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Star Trek: Picard
Geez, I only have Netflex on dish......no hulu, amazon prime or other access....Rather than
remain on "hold" forever, is this sub available on dish? I got Netflex specifically for Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda's Frankie and Grace.....but found they have alot of really good series and docs.

I am SO BUMMED.....now I have to do a face off with my DH.B) :nyrconfetti

05 Jan 2020 12:41 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Star Trek: Picard
That's a good question, I don't know that it is (if I had to guess, I'd say it isn't because why would they make it that easy for us?). I'm in the same boat having Amazon Prime, but wanting both CBS Access and Disney+. Having all these separate subscriptions to choose from is starting to get annoying (and expensive). :( I still haven't seen a single episode of Star Trek: Discovery because of the additional subscription needed.

07 Jan 2020 09:41 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Star Trek: Picard

ScienceChic wrote: That's a good question, I don't know that it is (if I had to guess, I'd say it isn't because why would they make it that easy for us?). I'm in the same boat having Amazon Prime, but wanting both CBS Access and Disney+. Having all these separate subscriptions to choose from is starting to get annoying (and expensive). :( I still haven't seen a single episode of Star Trek: Discovery because of the additional subscription needed.

Agree about the apps issues. I think I will just wait and hope that CBS and others eventually sell their programming to channels like Netflix.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jan 2020 07:55 #7 by homeagain
OH MAN......now the stakes are higher for access.....Picard just invited WHOOPI to reprise her role as Guiana (spg?) I am so-o-o seriously sad......$$$$ needed to see The best series every.
THIS is so wrong...it needs to be a movie....

23 Jan 2020 11:08 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I subscribe to CBS all access and love it. There are most of the shows I like to watch there. We dumped Dish last year and do all watching on line now. With Amazon Prime, youtubetv and cbs all access we have most of what we want. We will subsribe to Motortrend and Lucasoilracing when we want to watch stuff and then turn it off. You can do that with youtubetv and cbsallaccess, too.

23 Jan 2020 12:02 #9 by homeagain
we are still wired into a contract.....:angry:
(and my DH is not the alternative apps type,kiss...keep it simple stupid, is his motto)

I watched Whoopi just beam with a huge bright smile and a humble demeanor when Patrick shyly
stated they were requesting her character to be part of the show....just caught a video of the View

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds