Hobbs & Shaw

18 Aug 2019 12:34 #1 by ScienceChic
Hobbs & Shaw was created by ScienceChic
Went and saw this yesterday - two thumbs up for the fun action and laughs! It drag in spots, particularly when the two boys got into back-and-forth, trying to one-up each other with creative insults for the other, but the rest of the movie made up for it and is worth seeing on the big screen. Helen Mirrin slays, but Vanessa Kirby as an MI6 agent and Shaw's sister steals the show - especially when she asks "Are you new here?". Idris Elba as the villain - wicked badass. I hope they cast him as a Bond villain sometime in the future, now that he's not going to be Bond. Ryan Reynolds is cute as the CIA agent who brings Hobbs in to help, but could do without here (or maybe it was that he was a seemingly inept, non-serious jokester that didn't come across well). I actually laughed more at the agent tasked with bringing Shaw on board when he relayed to Reynolds' character that Shaw had once beat the snot out of him and didn't even remember him.

Stay for the 3 scenes in the credits. ;)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2019 08:05 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Hobbs & Shaw
A solid "B", needed more car chases for a F&F movie, but I liked the interplay between the two leads. I did like the low tech Samoan finale.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds