Blinded By The Light

20 Aug 2019 09:13 #1 by FredHayek
This is a semi-true tale about a son of Pakistani immigrants in Britain, growing up in the 1980's.
This film is about his discovery and love of the music of Bruce Springsteen, but the film is also so much more. It also covers the bad economy of the period, anti-immigrant hate, the battles between the old guard who wants to maintain the Old World traditions and the youth who eagerly want to assimilate into their new home.

But the biggest thing I took away from the film is how much influence music has on people's lives. A musician might think they are just trying to tell their story, but so often, they help others, especially teens, help them find themselves. I hope musicians realize the responsibility they have to their fans. Tough to do when they themselves are still trying to figure out their own world.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2019 08:14 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Blinded By The Light

FredHayek wrote: This is a semi-true tale about a son of Pakistani immigrants in Britain, growing up in the 1980's.
This film is about his discovery and love of the music of Bruce Springsteen, but the film is also so much more. It also covers the bad economy of the period, anti-immigrant hate, the battles between the old guard who wants to maintain the Old World traditions and the youth who eagerly want to assimilate into their new home.

But the biggest thing I took away from the film is how much influence music has on people's lives. A musician might think they are just trying to tell their story, but so often, they help others, especially teens, help them find themselves. I hope musicians realize the responsibility they have to their fans. Tough to do when they themselves are still trying to figure out their own world.

SHE was the genesis for genuine lyrics......

23 Aug 2019 09:15 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Blinded By The Light
Jim Morrison of the Doors was fascinated by his cult like following and wondered if there was a way to jump from musician to politician or even dictator. A frenzied concert crowd spilling into the streets. Maybe why so many musicians end up hosting charity fundraisers like Live Aid? Using their power and charisma for good.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Aug 2019 15:58 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Blinded By The Light
Could be wrong, but WILLIE nelson and JOHN melloncamp were the leaders with FARM aid
back in the day......WE ARE THE WORLD M Jackson after that?

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds