Knives Out

09 Dec 2019 10:58 #1 by FredHayek
Knives Out was created by FredHayek
Witty murder mystery with a lot of humor and some great talent in the film.
A millionaire mystery writer commits suicide the night of his 85th birthday party, or was it really suicide? The detectives gather the family and staff on his country estate to decide. Daniel Craig adopts a deep Southern accent to play the lead investigator. The old man's nurse is quite unusual, she can't lie, if she does, she throws up. Very handy for investigators trying to get the facts. One other point, the director and producer is Rian Johnson, former Denver resident. He also directed The Last Jedi and other films like Brick.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2019 07:19 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Knives Out
The disadvantage in this small town is FIRST RUN well received films.....we get some, not all
THIS we did get.....I was going to see it,then it left (short timeline....we have two small theaters
both owned by the same local owner....) I am not sure if it is $$$ consideration or just their
personal business model....but sometimes it feels like they are seriously restricting their choice of film selections....

10 Dec 2019 15:06 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Knives Out
Limited time to see new movies sucks. Maybe they do it so people rush out to see movies. You snooze, you lose? The nice thing about this film is that it is just as much fun at home on the couch. Might even be better that way so you can rewind and see certain scenes again.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds