Uncut Gems

02 Jan 2020 11:00 #1 by FredHayek
Uncut Gems was created by FredHayek
Ever watch a movie that you can respect for great artistry and storyline but not actually enjoy the film?
Joker was that way for me this year. I loved the story, and the actors did a great job but it really was unpleasant to watch at times as a man slowly had his life fall down around him.
Uncut Gems is the same way, only it is at a more frantic pace. I actually wished I had Tums instead of popcorn for this flick. Adam Sandler's character, Howie, is a diamond merchant, and a gambling addict. He lives life at a frantic pace and always on the edge. His deals are always this close to falling apart and he owes money to people all over town while he is juggling a family and a mistress. Brilliant film but not for me. Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it a 92%, but audiences put is at about 50%. I witnessed people walking out of the film.

I would love to see Sandler nominated for this movie, some great work here, and the brothers who made it should also get a nomination. I can't wait for their next project.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds