WHY not participate?

28 Mar 2020 07:40 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic WHY not participate?

DavisRanch wrote: I wonder if the change is due to how our community has changed. Back before Facebook, in today’s of Pinecam, we connected on a different level. Our mountain was smaller. We knew each other, even though we had nicknames online.
When FB came along and Pinecam went to hell, I quit visiting there completely and here less and less. Mostly because on FB, I can talk to friends and family globally, while this area grew and expanded. We used to go somewhere like the grocery or a restaurant, and I’d know 80-90% of the people. Now, I know 1-5% of them, and that may be due to knowing the waitstaff or cashiers. It’s a different world is all.
How to fix it, get folks back on here? I’ll think about that since I’m guilty of being absent. I miss the conversations and the friendliness of that time and would love to get back to a local forum!

THAT was one of the reason we left in 2015......the community had changed so much and the traffic (snow,no snow) was too much to bear....driving down into Littleton became a nightmare
and the stupidity of the drivers....no lights in a blanket of fog or snow, not understanding how
to drive the mountain...it felt like it was time to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2020 09:54 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic WHY not participate?
With everyone sitting at home, I did expect to see some new faces here. I like to read how locals are handling these current Black Swan type events. And get different viewpoints. Hopefully they show up.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Mar 2020 12:02 #13 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic WHY not participate?

homeagain wrote: Because I',m a almost grey,geriatric WOW(wiser older woman)...I do not use social media,
I find it an invasion of privacy (not that there is any)....I am dis connected and I do not need
the intrusion. SO, I forget the competition U are facing....the fact is..Facebook is faulty in so
many ways,I simply do not understand the continuing popularity. I'm an oddity, I don't even have a
cell phone...don't want to be found....GPS TRACKING, not something I want to sign up for.

[/b]

appleinsider.com/articles/20/03/29/iphon...k-coronavirus-spread

I phone location data used by gov. to track virus.......YOU can't hide, they will find U.

02 Apr 2020 10:46 - 02 Apr 2020 10:47 #14 by DavisRanch
Replied by DavisRanch on topic WHY not participate?
ScienceChic, when this is all wrapped up, come on over and we'll ride. I have a super good horse for you. I trained him specifically for my non-horse person husband to ride and he practically never takes a wrong step. I'll give you a short lesson, and off we'll go!

In CA, they do a wine and ride festival, or used to. I never did it, I don't like drinking and riding, but people always say how fun it is! I did do a beer trot once. I walked, but I drank. Some. I'm a lightweight!

Here's a picture of Luke, the horse you'll ride! :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds