Tiger King?

28 Mar 2020 09:37 - 28 Mar 2020 09:39 #1 by FredHayek
Tiger King? was created by FredHayek
Anyone seen this show on Netflix? Seven episodes about three people who keep large cats. I has heard rumors that this documentary was bizarre but I wasn't prepared at all! It is clearly stranger than fiction.
The lead in the series has adopted the name Joe Exotic. He has hundreds of big cats he keeps in a private zoo in Oklahoma. His arch enemy is a woman down in Florida, runs Big Cat Rescue. They provide care and food for lions and tigers and let them live out their life. She doesn't want guys like Joe breeding exotic big cats and selling them to other people. And then there is another big cat zoo in South Carolina. We meet the charismatic owner of that facility too.
So this series isn't only about abusing wildlife by keeping them in cages. It is also about how the personalities who run these "refuges" gather followers who are willing to work long hours in substandard housing for minimal pay. And the type of people who let themselves be exploited for the chance to work with these animals.
I have only seen two episodes but we are going to watch more. Might be fun to binge the seven episodes too. And BTW, there is also a death plot and one of these people is currently jailed for murdering one of the other leads.
Watch it if you dare.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds