Reading More?

03 Apr 2020 09:50 #1 by FredHayek
Reading More? was created by FredHayek
I am reading a lot more three weeks into the shutdown. Rereading Camus's The Plague, much more meaningful this go around. Reading lighter stuff too, like a book called Wild Cards, edited by George RR Martin, an alien bomb goes off above NYC after WWII, some people are turned into superheroes, others into monsters, and others are unaffected. The authors do a great job writing for the time period.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2020 13:59 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Reading More?
My genre is suspense/mystery,just finished The Burglar,by Thomas Perry, female who finances
her life by 'visiting" hi end homes.....street wise teenager who grew up to be an expert in her
field....until she witnessed a murder in progress,while "visiting"....black ops,museum curators,
black market art schemes that entangle her into a spiders web. His other female character is
Jane Whitefield series....a woman who is adroit in making people disappear (think witness protection program, only not for snitches.)

DANA STANEBOW...Alaskan author who has a series of female P.I./inspectors based out of
the "bush" in Alaska

Brad Thor.....especially The Athena Project....think Jason Bourne ONLY FEMALE.

05 Apr 2020 08:32 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Reading More?
Don't really care for Brad Thor, for some reason. Haven't been reading but have been watching the old Ellery Queen and Nero Wolfe series. Comfort mysteries. Everything is resolved in 45 minutes.

05 Apr 2020 08:45 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Reading More?
NETFLIX has been a nice diversion...lots of series features to bingewatch...getting ready to
do CBS ALLACCESS.......The Good Fight,the spin off of Good Wife and Picard....:rainingsmil

05 Apr 2020 09:07 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Reading More?
Currently reading "Time and Tide" by Thomas Fleming. So far a good but rather savage read on the naval war in the Pacific after Peal Harbor.

05 Apr 2020 12:53 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Reading More?

Blazer Bob wrote: Currently reading "Time and Tide" by Thomas Fleming. So far a good but rather savage read on the naval war in the Pacific after Peal Harbor.

I am reading a historical novel Cryptimocon about the intelligence and code battles in the Pacific during WWII. Fascinating. How the US chose to let Americans die so that the Japanese high command wouldn't figure out their codes were broken. Those decisions would have to scar your soul.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds