San Diego Comic-Con 2020 Is Canceled

18 Apr 2020 16:18 #1 by ScienceChic
Disappointing, but unsurprising. I expect that most, if not all, major indoor conferences will be (rightfully) canceled for the remainder of the year. :(

San Diego Comic-Con 2020 Is Canceled
James Whitbrook, Gizmodo | April 19, 2020

We’ve been expecting this news for a while—to the point that the longer it took to come, the more reckless one of the biggest comic book conventions in the world looked. But now it’s official: San Diego Comic-Con is not happening in 2020.

Confirmed in a press release today—in light of the ongoing covid-19 pandemic and lockdown orders in California—for the first time in its half-century history, San Diego Comic-Con has been canceled outright. Instead, the show will return July 22-25, 2021. The same move has been made for this year’s WonderCon, which was meant to take place in Anaheim April 10-12; it’s been dated to return March 26-28, 2021.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2020 11:27 #2 by FredHayek
Denver's version was moved from July 4th to November. I am still skeptical. Do celebrities want to shake hands and get their picture taken with possible infected? Then again, for D list stars, with productions shut down, will they have to risk their health doing meet and greets just to pay the bills?
I have been seeing more and more celebrities selling scheduling phone to fan meet ups to earn income since movies and concerts have been cancelled.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds