Sadly, Chadwick Boseman passes at 43 of cancer

28 Aug 2020 21:10 #1 by ScienceChic
This is just awful, he was far too young. Wakanda will not be the same. RIP Chadwick, your magic lives on.

Chadwick Boseman, ‘Black Panther’ Star, Dies at 43
By Adam B. Vary, Pat Saperstein, Variety | August 28, 2020

Chadwick Boseman, star of “Black Panther,” died on Friday after a four year battle with colon cancer, his rep confirmed to Variety. He was 43.

Before he was cast as the Marvel Studios superhero, Boseman’s career first exploded with his portrayals of Black American icons Jackie Robinson (in 2013’s “42”) and James Brown (in 2014’s “Get on Up”).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2020 07:08 #2 by homeagain
TALENT that was not given a chance to come to it's fullness.....tragic....what a void.

29 Aug 2020 10:53 #3 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: TALENT that was not given a chance to come to it's fullness.....tragic....what a void.

Maybe not fullness, but a career that would put most of Hollywood to shame! One of his best roles was playing Jackie Robinson, sadly Jackie also died too young, 53.

Mr. Boseman must have been an incredibly, strong, driven, man. Despite the cancer, he was still working, cementing his status in Hollywood as one of the great actors of his generation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Aug 2020 12:57 #4 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

homeagain wrote: TALENT that was not given a chance to come to it's fullness.....tragic....what a void.

Maybe not fullness, but a career that would put most of Hollywood to shame! One of his best roles was playing Jackie Robinson, sadly Jackie also died too young, 53.

Mr. Boseman must have been an incredibly, strong, driven, man. Despite the cancer, he was still working, cementing his status in Hollywood as one of the great actors of his generation.

I can NOT image the intestinal fortitude THAT took....I am in awe.

30 Aug 2020 13:17 #5 by homeagain
www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bl...-to-chadwick-boseman

DIRECTOR Ryan Cooger's words,wrenched from DEEP within....a Tribute SO touching, you have to cry,

"he's part of the ancestors now".....just shattered me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

30 Aug 2020 18:01 #6 by FredHayek
ABC is playing The Black Panther tonight without commercial interruption in case you want to see the film. I liked most of it, and only thought it got excessive at the end. Especially loved the job done by the villain, Jordan.

31 Aug 2020 18:27 - 31 Aug 2020 18:37 #7 by ScienceChic
This line gave me chills and made my heart burst with pride when I first watched him speak it, it's still as true today in real life.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The Times’ coverage of Chadwick Boseman

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Sep 2020 08:38 #8 by FredHayek
His hometown wants to put up a statue of him. That would be a nice honor, and may become as famous as the Rocky statue in Philadelphia.
Where will the Black Panther franchise proceed from here? Have his untimely death reflect in the story line and maybe have the sister become the new Black Panther and seek revenge against those who killed him? With the new technology, there should be a way to fit Chadwick into the new film.

06 Sep 2020 08:45 #9 by homeagain

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds