Tenet

03 Sep 2020 08:12 #1 by FredHayek
Tenet was created by FredHayek
B) Normal life is starting to return. Just saw the new movie "Tenet" at a movie theater, the Denver Alamo Drafthouse. There are some interesting Covid rules of course. You buy your tickets and snacks online. So when you go to your assigned seats, there is a printout welcoming you to the theater and showing your order. No lobby check in.
Your attendant verifies your order and brings it. Individual servings of popcorn, no butter, (I don't understand why.) Refills on your soda, but not your popcorn. (bizarre). There is a space in the row between parties but we had people sitting right in front of us. Seems like the wrong way to go, most of my germs are going to wind up in front of me rather than next to me.

At the end of the film, you can't stay around and discuss the film with friends, rows leave one at a time, starting with row 1 to prevent bunching up. I hope after a few weeks, they will work out most of the bugs.
One of the reasons they want you out quickly is to do a deep cleaning between shows.

Now onto the movie:
Bring a flexible mind! It is like a Bond film, but it has the added element of time travel. The director likes to challenge his audiences, other movies of his are Memento and Insomnia. So while some people are moving forward during the movie, others are moving backwards. The actors had to learn to say their lines backwards.
I enjoyed the film but there is more than one point where your brain starts to hurt dealing with all the paradoxes.
The Hero Protagonist is the son of Denzel Washington and I think he does a great job because he is going through the same confusion the audience is.

While I got the general gist of the film, I will have to watch this again to pick up on all that is going on. This film also made me happy. Too many movies they release these days are simply entertainment, you don't get challenged much anymore. This movie makes you pay attention. Much of the film I was perched forward, trying to pick up on all that was happening.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2020 10:02 - 03 Sep 2020 10:03 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Tenet
Having lived in ALASKA twice,before it was a state and 1999-2001...I KNOW the sun shining at 200 am
is weird. INSOMNIA was,for me,a bit jarring,never felt "safe',altho it was a movie and I KNEW the feeling
of no darkness...I was tense and uneasy....can't say I "enjoyed" that,but if that was the directors intent...he
SUCCEEDED. We are getting second run,old movies here and THE DRIVE INN theater is mostly
where the action is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds