LUCIFER....loves L. A.

14 Apr 2021 09:50 #1 by homeagain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)

I binged this series last year...it is REALLY good, what I did NOT know was it was a DC COMIC BOOK series...season 6 is the last,it will be released at the end of this year,I think....well acted by TOM ELLIS... some of the characters R fleshed out fabulously, others need some exploration, (background
is not strong) BUT.overall, it is an intriguing premise and I am glad NETFLIX pick it up.

It is rather long, but about a minute and half in U get to see TOM ELLIS....skim thru it,it is intriguing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2021 09:08 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic LUCIFER....loves L. A.
We have watched the series for years, the lead has great stage presence. If you want to dig, he was in another series before that I thought was even better called "Rush". In this one, he played a doctor with substance abuse issues who would help out people in Los Angeles who couldn't go to normal doctors and hospitals. Lots of great tension and suspense.

Back to Lucifer, it is a police procedural as Satan decides he is bored and decides to help out humanity, but he also has to deal with his mom, angels, and his own brother. And since this is LA, he also has a therapist of course. A funny drama.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 May 2021 18:56 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic LUCIFER....loves L. A.
One of my favorite series. Tom Ellis is divine, but Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen is the best! Did you know he also had a surprise cameo in the CW crossover series, Crisis on Infinite Earths as himself (on Earth-666, of course)? All of those shows also came from DC Comics: The Flash, Arrow, Superman/Lois and Clark, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, and Batwoman.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 May 2021 08:11 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic LUCIFER....loves L. A.
Mazikeen...now there is one kickass character,she inhabits the role REALLY well. AND EVE, does the
doe eyed vixen very well also....I love all the characters and am sorry that the end of the year will be the LAST Lucifer....

NOW looking forward to the 2nd in the trilogy "discovery of witches"...read the books,incredible well
researched and grabs U on the first page( the kind of books I LOVE). AMC did the first of the triology,but then it streamed the 2nd book, it will be rebroadcast on AMC later this summer,as a rerun....I'M WAITING.

30 May 2021 12:18 #5 by homeagain
Best performances from the Lucifer season 5 part 2 musical episode

5. “Just the Two of Us” by Bill Withers and “Just the Two of Us” by Will Smith, performed by Linda and Amenadiel

What a beautiful remix! Linda sings “Just the Two of Us” by Bill Withers as she walks with baby Charlie at the park before Amenadiel chimes in with Will Smith’s version about fatherhood. The song makes a lot of sense for both parents, a great choice.

4. “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak, performed by Lucifer

This is a solo performance by Lucifer Morningstar (he plays the piano, too!), no dances, nothing fancy, but that’s also why I love this performance so much. Actor Tom Ellis has a wonderful voice! Yes, he does his own singing. He may not really be playing the piano, but that’s his beautiful voice alright! And that, my fellow Lucifans, deserves some recognition.

Lucifer is surprised to get a call from Chloe about another case. He assumed it was over after what he told her. Chloe, however, is surprisingly understanding. All couples have problems, she says, telling Lucifer that they’ll work things out. She insists there’s no way he is incapable of love.

3. “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen, performed by the cast of Lucifer

How can you not love this one? It had been teased before, but the finished product turned out amazing. It’s hilarious seeing the characters step out of, well, character, to get down to this iconic song.

Even the murdered victim gets up to dance. Ella, Dan, Lucifer, and Chloe have so much fun and had us all dancing and singing along.

This is the second song in the episode and Lucifer quickly figures out what’s going on. It’s his father who is making everyone dance, as a way to cheer up his son. In this scene, Chloe meets God, and if you thought she’d be starstruck, you’d be wrong.

Chloe calls God out for being a bad parent, respectfully, of course. She also brings up how she is a “gift.”

2. “Bad to the Bone” by George Thorogood and the Destroyers/“No Scrubs” by TLC remix, performed by Ella and Maze

This remix is too much fun! Can we please get an official release of this ASAP? I could jam to this all day, any day.

I loved seeing Maze and Ella perform this song. It suits Maze perfectly, especially during a time when she’s so mad about not getting a soul. It’s Mazikeen’s way of accepting she’s “bad to the bone” (though we know that’s not true).

Ella joins in with “No Scrubs” by TLC, and both songs go together perfectly. Ella is trying to change her ways, so she is rejecting Maze’s offer of being bad.

1. “I Dreamed a Dream” from the musical Les Miserables, performed by Lucifer and God

A beautiful performance from Lucifer and his father, and oh so emotional! Was anyone else wiping tears away as Lucifer cried about how his life didn’t turn out how he believed it would?

God tells Lucifer how so full of light Lucifer is, so bright that he blinds even himself. It’s a very sad confrontation that ends with God telling his son that he is losing control of them. Way to drop a bombshell!

Lucifer season 5 part 2 is now streaming on Netflix.

OMG....did not expect such GREAT TUNES to start the season!!!!! QUEEN, WITHERS,OPERA,ISACK
THURGOOD AND THE DESTROYERS....it was crazycool to see the choreograph.

02 Jun 2021 14:17 #6 by homeagain

QUEEN ques up a winning "watch".....I love this creative.crazycool plot!!!

02 Jun 2021 15:31 #7 by homeagain

ANOTHER awesome video

17 Jun 2021 10:29 #8 by FredHayek
Just finished watching the episodes where Michael impersonates Lucifer. Pretty good, and I think the detective looks better since she got rid of the red eyeliner. Always looked like she had been crying. Loved the parody series of Lucifer they had to investigate, especially their take on Maize.

17 Jun 2021 11:45 #9 by homeagain
U must not have Netflix...the entire second part of the season is there....LAST SEASON coming inQ4,I think the end of Nov/Dec. I will truly miss this ensemble, so creative,well acted, and a different flavor of "faith
based" entertainment. BUT, I am always a fan for the metaphysical..

17 Jun 2021 14:32 #10 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: U must not have Netflix...the entire second part of the season is there....LAST SEASON coming inQ4,I think the end of Nov/Dec. I will truly miss this ensemble, so creative,well acted, and a different flavor of "faith
based" entertainment. BUT, I am always a fan for the metaphysical..

We don't binge the show. We just watch it slowly, a few episodes a week. So we are slowly catching up.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds