How do u define HYPOCRISY?

02 Jul 2021 12:25 #1 by homeagain

OK, it is a stretch...BUT, it is hot out,I love dance AND the lead actor did NOT do this dance sequence....the producers tried to convince the audience
SHE had the moves,the TRUTH came out, it was a PROFESSIONAL dancer stand in for ALL the dance sequences....HYPOCRISY is everywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jul 2021 17:09 #2 by FredHayek
Wait until you find out about stuntmen! Or that actresses like Natalie Wood who was Jewish played a Puerto Rican in West Side Story and her singing was done by another Caucasian woman.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Jul 2021 18:28 #3 by homeagain
I knew about West Side story...I remember them NOT HIDING IT....and I do think,even back then, there were
some comments,because Rita Moreno was a character in the movie. AND she is Puerto Rican THIS
specific movie THOUGHT they could "play" the audience....then they got caught,the REAL dancer was
interviewed and admitted the "double".

02 Jul 2021 22:05 - 02 Jul 2021 22:14 #4 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: Wait until you find out ..Natalie Wood who was Jewish played a Puerto Rican in West Side Story.

Sorry to interrupt. I'm a HUGE West Side Story fan.

Natalie Wood was brought up Russia Orthodox and was the daughter of Russian immigrants. The Russia Orthodox Church symbol is on her grave marker.

You may be thinking of her role in Marjorie Morningstar. Wood played the role of a young Jewish girl in New York City who has to deal with the social and religious expectations of her family as she tries to forge her own path and separate identity.

She was almost as bad a Puerto Rican as George Chakiris was playing a Puerto Rican in West Side Story. He was the son of Greek immigrants. Funny thing about that was, he played Riff (leader of the Jets) in the London stage production for 22 months before being cast in the movie. He won both the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture.

Also, Rita Moreno was an accomplished dancer and actress and did the actual dancing in West Side Story. She played the role so well she won the Oscar for best supporting actress

03 Jul 2021 09:05 #5 by FredHayek
Thanks for the correction about Natalie Wood. Sorry for the misinformation. Might have mixed her up with Judy Garland. I love West Side Story too, and I usually loathe musicals.

And a perfect song for 4th of July, America, a tune that shows both the good and bad of this nation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

03 Jul 2021 09:36 #6 by Wayne Harrison
I prefer "Only In America" by Jay and the Americans over the West Side Story "America."

03 Jul 2021 11:52 - 03 Jul 2021 11:56 #7 by homeagain
The Green Promise (1949) (natalie wood,child actor)
Named after director Sam Wood. Her favorite actress was Vivien Leigh and her favorite singer was Bob Dylan. She suffered from a deep fear of drowning after having barely survived an accident when she was a little girl, during the filming of The Green Promise (1949).

The irony of this movie ( I saw the scene of this movie, it was TERRIFYING,because they just kept on shooting,until she finally pulled herself on to the bridge that broke (with raging water all around her) THEN
as an adult,she drowned (under questionable circumstances)

My fav....Splendor in the grass and Tennessee Williams This property condemned....

03 Jul 2021 12:03 #8 by homeagain
In 1964, I was a junior at WEST Anchorage H.S., (Alaska).....the play that year was West Side Story,
I do not remember the "performances",but there were NOT that many ethnic students( *except for
Alaskan natives). BUT,it was a well received and seemed like a hit.

03 Jul 2021 15:22 #9 by homeagain

Rita raising the roof......

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds