The Wheel of Time - November 19th

28 Oct 2021 16:51 #1 by ScienceChic
This is my best friend from grad school's favorite series. We once drove from Cinti to Atlanta for DragonCon and she brought with us her entire set of the hard-bound novels to get signed by Robert Jordan. I'll never forget standing in line for what seemed like forever helping her hold those heavy 9 volumes (6 more were published after that). If they do this series right, it'll be epic.

Easter egg-filled 'Wheel of Time' trailer brings us into an epic fantasy world
Say it five times fast: "The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."
By Belen Edwards, Mashable | on October 27, 2021

Based on Robert Jordan's sprawling fantasy series, Amazon Prime's The Wheel of Time tells the story of Moiraine (Rosamund Pike), a member of the powerful all-female Aes Sedai. After arriving in the small town of Two Rivers, she embarks on a dangerous journey with five traveling companions, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn.

The Wheel of Time - Amazon Original Series

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2021 10:56 #2 by FredHayek
You went to DragonCon!!!! Cool beans. I always wanted to go. I read about nine of the books before I got bored but I have been wanting them to make a miniseries of this forever! My sister is a huge fan and has read all the books, even the novels written after Jordan's death.

I will watch this for sure and my sister is so excited when I told her it was coming out.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Nov 2021 15:30 #3 by ScienceChic
Yeah, DragonCon was a blast! I still want to get to ComicCon some day, as that would be the pinnacle of events for me.

I confess that I haven't read any of the books yet, but from my friend's gushing I'm sure I'd get sucked into them (which is partly why I haven't started). I can't wait to hear how those who've read the books feel about the shows.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2021 17:06 #4 by FredHayek
Looks like the series will focus more on the female Aes Sedai witches than the books male characters.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds