D&D: Honor Among Thieves

10 Apr 2023 09:33 #1 by FredHayek
Haven't played Dungeons and Dragons in decades but I think the film does a pretty good job being true to the game. A bard angers a group of deadly wizards by stealing from them. They kill his wife for revenge. So Chris Pine tries to steal a magical artifact that will bring his spouse back to life. He is captured. After breaking out of a prison dungeon, he assembles a team to make another attempt on the magical device. A little bit like Guardians of the Galaxy. I give it three out of five dragonflies.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2023 11:48 #2 by ScienceChic
Watched this one last night with the family. Funny, great characters, loved the scenery. A good way to spend a couple of hours! Favorite scene was the graveyard, which was even funnier than in the trailer.
4 out of 5 :dragon:

(P.S. There is a mid-credit scene, but it's predictable so not all that exciting to stay for)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Apr 2023 13:26 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic D&D: Honor Among Thieves
Agree about the post credit scene. Wasn't worth sticking around. Did laugh in the graveyard, "AMA...please!"

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds