Must See's Every Year?

12 Nov 2023 08:25 #1 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2023 08:26 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Must See's Every Year?
One, six, ten, and twelve. And I prefer the original Grinch TV show.

12 Nov 2023 09:46 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Must See's Every Year?
It's not on the list, but Scrooged is my must, along with the Charlie Brown Christmas Special (#12). The Nightmare Before Christmas is another I try to get in as well. Hubby's favorite is #6. I always liked Twas the Night Before Christmas, but I don't have it on DVD like the others. Gotta get that!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Nov 2023 14:25 #4 by FredHayek
Scrooged is pretty good. Will have to try Twas The Night, don't remember that one.

12 Nov 2023 15:03 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Must See's Every Year?

STILL my fav....family frolic,fighting, facing life's forever changing events....funny,poignant and PERFECT.for the holidays.

12 Nov 2023 22:12 #6 by FredHayek
I used to like The Family Stone but such a cruel family! Very intolerant.

13 Nov 2023 07:20 #7 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Must See's Every Year?
OH BUT,Fred....u have totally misunderstood the "lesson" of change and forgiveness. The movie encompasses STRONG family ties, (I did not have that),acceptance (gays,bi racial couples,DEATH, the whole platform is a lesson in life's struggles....ACCEPTANCE of what life offers u, NOT want u think it should look like(."u wear a freak flag,u just don't show it".)....

13 Nov 2023 07:52 #8 by FredHayek
Good point, a Christmas film should be about redemption. And this smug group eventually figured out that they weren't as tolerant of others as they thought.

Need to see another Diane Keaton Christmas movie? "Christmas With The Coopers". John Goodman and Diane Keaton try to have one more magical Christmas with four generations of family, before they announce their divorce. Steve Martin, as the family dog, narrates the film. Works better than it sounds.

04 Dec 2023 12:41 #9 by FredHayek
Wall Street Journal had a front page article about The Family Stone today. Families have a tradition of hate watching it every year. The director said he wanted to name the film "Hate Her" but the studio decided to sell it as a Christmas comedy instead. Marketing! What are you going to do?

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds