Mamma Mia returns!

19 Oct 2010 23:44 #1 by ScienceChic
Heard a commercial the other day on the radio that Mamma Mia is coming back to the Buell Theatre for an additional run Nov 2-7. I think it's time for EM to take me out on a date again! ;)

http://theatere.org/ResultsVenue.aspx?v ... 5wodBFFoJw

Scrolling down on upcoming shows, I'm intrigued by the Blue Man Group and The 9 To 5 Musical too...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2010 23:49 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Mamma Mia returns!
I was lucky enough to see Mamma Mia in London some years ago.

True story: My in-laws bought the tickets. I had never heard of it. I thought it was an Italian Opera. One of my co-workers said, "I hope you like Abba" and I asked them why. That's when I found out it wasn't Italian at all.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the stage production. I just about gagged when I saw the movie and Pierce Bronson in the male lead and heard him sing.

20 Oct 2010 14:55 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Mamma Mia returns!
Yeah, I ignored him and thoroughly enjoyed Meryl Streep's, Amanda Seyfried's, and Christine Baranski's performances instead!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds