The Fighter

25 Nov 2010 16:57 #1 by ScienceChic
The Fighter was created by ScienceChic
I happened to see a commercial for 60 Minutes last Sunday while watching football (what else?!), and they were having on J. Craig Venter - the man behind the private consortium human genome sequencing that competed with the public consortium over 10 years ago now - and Mark Wahlberg, who was on to promote his new movie The Fighter. I hadn't really heard much about it, and love him as an actor so I DVR'd it. Wow. He spent 4 years training 8-10 hours a day (in between shooting other movies so not absolutely every day) because it was important to him to look like a boxer and not an actor playing a boxer. I admire that kind of dedication and will-power. Now comes the first review and it makes me want to see this movie even more.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47575
Capone declares David O. Russell's THE FIGHTER one of 2010's best, and one of the best sports movies in recent memory!!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2011 18:26 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The Fighter
Saw this last week with mom-in-law who was in town visiting. It wasn't what I expected (it focused more on Christian Bale's character rather than Mark Wahlberg's character, which isn't how the trailers portrayed it really), but it was really good! Bale knocked it out of the park; if he doesn't get an Oscar for Best Supporting, it's a crime. Wahlberg was good as ever, and the plot kept me engaged (the sisters were spot-on hilarious!). Highly recommended!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds