How Do You Know

20 Dec 2010 13:22 #1 by ScienceChic
How Do You Know was created by ScienceChic
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47788
Capone says James L. Brooks' HOW DO YOU KNOW is a romantic-comedy for grown folks!!!
Published on: Dec 17, 2010 10:01:24 CST

Don't you dare discount this latest work from writer-director James L. Brooks (BROADCAST NEWS, AS GOOD AS IT GETS, TERMS OF ENDEARMENT) simply because the trailer makes it look like a paint-by-number romantic comedy. Brooks is the master of the tragi-comedy, and while I doubt there's anything in HOW DO YOU KNOW that will make your eyes well up, there is a great deal of unexpectedly strong material here well worth your time and money.
HOW DO YOU KNOW isn't a movie loaded with music montages, shopping sprees, or any of the other familiar romantic-comedy sins against humanity. This is a movie about adults whose lives are changing at a time in their lives when they probably thought such changes were a thing of the past. HOW DO YOU KNOW is a keeper, and like most characters in Brooks' films, I want to know how these folks turn out 5 or 10 years down the road. That's about the highest compliment I can pay a filmmaker.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 13:28 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic How Do You Know
SC I know you posted this for me..... Yes, my kind of movie.

20 Dec 2010 13:45 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic How Do You Know
You betcha! Maybe we can go see it after my folks leave next week, but before I go out of town for New Year's!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Dec 2010 14:24 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Where are you going for new years?

20 Dec 2010 16:46 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic How Do You Know
The mecca for all New Year's parties - Wyoming! rofllol

(Gotta go visit the in-laws after my parents leave town)

20 Dec 2010 16:48 #6 by CinnamonGirl
LOL, I went to Salida one year for new years, I found a party. LOL

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds